Instagram rolled out their live video feature in November 2016. Instagram Live is an awesome feature that allows users to share themselves with their audience in real time. The user can record a video that is up to one hour in length. Many users have taken advantage of the feature over the past year and a half, making it purposeful for things such as auctions, music/concerts online, new product promotion, giveaways, and much more. There are no rules or restrictions. It’s your time to shine.
There are ample benefits of using the Live Video feature offered on Instagram. Those benefits include:
- Followers get to know you and your company on a deeper level, creating more interest in your brand.
- Followers feel more connected to your brand
- Real-time comments/interaction
- More value from the content that you share
- Go live whenever you want
Using Live Video benefits your company and customers in a plethora of awesome ways. This list of benefits is certainly incomplete and there are tons more perks waiting to enjoy. If taking your brand to higher levels is important, Live Video is a feature that you do not want to be without.
Afraid to Go Live?
The problem with the live video feature is that a lot of users are scared to use the feature! It can be terrifying to go live because you’re afraid of embarrassing yourself. It is a natural fear that you can and should overcome. Thousands of other IG users go live and so can you. Remember the first time you decided to find a company to get more Instagram followers from via a purchase? That was scary but the end results were favourable. The same results are yours with Live if you take that first step.
A few tips to minimize fears of going live on Insta:
- Although you do not want to write an entire script to follow for a Live Video, it is beneficial to have an outline that lists the things that you want to discuss during the video. Once you’re comfortable, you’ll find the live video a ton of fun and may leave out some important information if you’re not careful and without the outline.
- You’ll see all of the messages/comments people leave during the live video so be in the moment. Don’t worry if you are doing something wrong. This is your time. You can use the time to answer questions, respond to the comments, or even showcase your products.
- We are human and all make mistakes. Stop focusing on what could go wrong and just do it. Learn to laugh at yourself if a mistake is made. It is natural and will not ruin your name or your company. In fact, the more humour that you find in the mistake, the more customers will fancy your brand.
- Why not practice before you actually go live? You can do it with your phone without pushing record. Friends or employee can help you practice. The practice provides the comfort needed to go live without worry.